The Turks and Caicos Business Guide, supported by the Turks and Caicos Islands Government Investment Unit, provides a comprehensive overview of the Turks and Caicos as an investment and business destination.
The Turks and Caicos have the fundamentals for successful investment: a beautiful destination in close proximity to the USA and Canada, with plentiful and continuously increasing airlift, as well as many untapped business sectors/opportunities. Inside the Turks and Caicos Business Guide, you will find information on each of the islands, business sectors and infrastructure important to both the investor and resident. A multitude of expert articles provide in-depth analysis of the market place and many industry relative facts.
Census, tourism and import statistics are presented in an attractive, easy to read format within the relevant articles, as well as infographics about the details of the Providenciales International Airport expansion project. Find relevant government websites and contact information in the Turks and Caicos Islands Government Investment Unit sponsored section, where 'how to' details are provided for starting a business in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
The Turks and Caicos Business Guide is your first touching point for finding information on the business environment in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Printed editions of the Turks and Caicos Business Guide are available at the Turks and Caicos Islands Government Investment Unit offices on both Providenciales and Grand Turk, as well as many government offices businesses throughout the islands. In addition to the content being available on this website, we also offer a fully flippable version of the Turks and Caicos Business Guide.
2016 Calendar of Events
- January 1 - New Year’s Day - Public Holiday*
- February 14 - Valentines Day Cup, Bambarra Beach, Middle Caicos
- March 4 - Commonwealth Day - Public Holiday*
- March 25 - Good Friday - Public Holiday*
- March 28 - Easter Monday - Public Holiday*
- March 28 - Annual Kite Flying Competition, Providenciales, North Caicos, Grand Turk
- April 7 - 10 - Wine Cellar Golf & Fishing Tournament, Blue Haven Marina, Providenciales
- May 30 - National Heroes Day - Public Holiday*
- May 28 - Big South Regatta, Regatta Village, South Caicos
- June 13 - Her Majesty- the Queen’s Official Birthday - Public Holiday*
- June 25 - Crab Festival - Bambarra Beach, Middle Caicos
- July 1 - 4 - Caicos Classic Annual Release Tournament, Blue Haven Marina, Providenciales
- July 2 - Race for the Conch Eco-sea Swim, Grace Bay beach, Providenciales
- July 3 - Windvibes, Long Bay beach, Providenciales
- August 1 - Emancipation Day - Observed August 3 Public Holiday*
- September 30 - National Youth Day - Public Holiday*
- October 10 - National Heritage Day (Formerly Columbus Day) - Public Holiday*
- Nov 3 – 6 - Caribbean Food & Wine Festival, Grace Bay, Providenciales
- November 25 - National Day of Thanksgiving - Public Holiday*
- November 29 - Conch Festival, Blue Hills, Providenciales
- December 25 - Christmas Day - Public Holiday* - Observed Dec. 26 Public Holiday
- December 26 - Boxing Day - Observed Dec. 27 Public Holiday*
- December 26 - Maskanoo, Grace Bay, Providenciales
*Public holidays - all dates may be subject to change
Business and Financial Services
Construction, Services & Supplies
- Saltmills Tel: +1.649.946.4238
Infrastructure & technology
Latest business news from the islands
Soil falling from golden shovels was welcomed with cheers as dignitaries and hundreds in attendance celebrated the ground breaking of the $100m luxury resort development, the Shore Club on Long Bay, in the Turks and Caicos Islands, January 17.
The Turks and Caicos’ first-ever credit rating could rise (on the release of more comprehensive economic data) or fall (if the nation’s political consensus weakens), international bond ratings house Standard and Poor’s announced with the release of its full credit rating analysis for the country.
A major bond-rating agency granted Turks and Caicos a favorable credit rating this week, marking a significant milestone in the young nation's development.
Tourism officials celebrated the release of the government's First Quarter travel statistics for Turks and Caicos last week, noting that current trends could produce the nation's best year yet for airlift and cruise arrivals.
All current business licenses are being given extensions until June 30 in order to give the Ministry of Finance, Trade and Investment time to facilitate a review of the government’s Business Licensing Administration, a government statement announced March 13. As part of its Revenue Rationalisation